Random system crashes ~ tried almost everything

Joeyu

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Hi,

My pc is crashing randomly, there is no specific thing running when a crash happens. My screen just goes black and the pc reboots immediately. There is no bsod and no minidump after the crash.

Things I have tried:

• -Got a new GPU from the store because I thought it was causing the crashes.
    -Used memtest over a whole night => din't find any errors
    -Switched ram with a friend.
    -Did a clean windows 7 install.
    -Removed all the dust inside my case.
    -Checked the cmos battery.
    -Updated bios to the newest version.
    -Switched psu cables and SATA cables with new ones.
    -Checked bios settings if the ram frequency was correct.
    -Stress tests: Prime95 and furmark at the same time, cpu highest temp was 70° and gpu was 80°

I think that is pretty much everything I tried, now I have no clue anymore what it could be.

my specs:
-intel i7 2600 (no k) @stock speed
-asus motherboard P8P67 LE
-16 GB kingston ram @1333Mhz
-GTX 670
-Antec PSU 750W
-Samsung ssd 830
-2 TB HDD from seagate
-1 TB HDD from Western Digital

If there is any more information needed let me know and I try to post it asap.

Joey

Solution
mmmm this is such a troll whats happening to you, it could be many things, but if its not a blue screen, and white and black lines and shit is one the screen, the best thing would to check your HDDs, as silly as it sounds, my friend was having one of these cold cases, but turns out it wwas his hard drive.. might of been an external one, not sure, but make sure you check your HDD, and your voltages, voltages can simply be fixed by setting Hardware settings in BIO back to Optimized settings (sure u already did that)..

Good luck, and keep me posted :p

flamehead269

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
mmmm this is such a troll whats happening to you, it could be many things, but if its not a blue screen, and white and black lines and shit is one the screen, the best thing would to check your HDDs, as silly as it sounds, my friend was having one of these cold cases, but turns out it wwas his hard drive.. might of been an external one, not sure, but make sure you check your HDD, and your voltages, voltages can simply be fixed by setting Hardware settings in BIO back to Optimized settings (sure u already did that)..

Good luck, and keep me posted :p

Solution

Joeyu

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

Yea the bios settings are all set to optimized, is there an other way how I can make sure that my HDD is working fine?
I have Intel Rapid Storage Technology installed and it says from my SSD and 2 HDD "Your system is functioning normally"