Question random system lags start to get to me.

hey everyone i'm having an issue with one of my older systems all of a sudden. however i am woundering if it is my system or my mouse. However i don't have a spare mouse to test with right now the particular build i am talking about is in the middle of no where. Every time i go to it's location i forget to bring a new mouse to test with however. Here's my problem my computer will be working no problems and then all of a sudden the mouse stops responding for about 5s at a time at random times. Like i'll be watching youtube and going through forums and things like that. When all of a sudden my mouse wont move for a few seconds then all of a sudden starts responding again. Doesn't say any usb devices are disconnecting and reconnecting or anything just stops responding, however my youtube videos will still be playing 4k videos no lag no hesitations and the screens seem to be fully responsive to keyboard "just not mouse" it's really starting to bother me. the thing that is annoying me about it is it really seems to be just the mouse having a issue but when the mouse starts to respond again it lags for a few seconds which is whats making me think it could be the computer because why would the mouse just lag around like skipping 1/4 of the screen at a time for about 3ish seconds before it catches up with it's self and then will work for a while again then do it again.... it stopped happening "i think" after resetting the computer "i didn't notice the mouse lagging for about 2 days but i'm not sure after resetting it i was to focused on resetting my pc slowly to settings i originally had it to to see if it was something things i had adjusted but undoing everything i did the problem still persist so what could be causing this?

Last edited:
hey everyone i'm having an issue with one of my older systems all of a sudden. however i am woundering if it is my system or my mouse however i don't have a spare mouse to test with right now the particular build i am talking about is in the middle of no where and every time i go to it's location i forget to bring a new mouse to test with. however here's my problem my computer will be working no problems and then all of a sudden the mouse stops responding for about 5s at a time at random times. like i'll be watching youtube and going through forums and things like that when all of a sudden my mouse wont move for a few seconds then all of a sudden starts responding again. doesn't say any usb devices are disconnecting and reconnecting or anything just stops responding, however my youtube videos will still be playing 4k videos no lag no hesitations and the screens seem to be fully responsive to keyboard "just not mouse" it's really starting to bother me. the thing that is annoying me about it is it really seems to be just the mouse having a issue but when the mouse starts to respond again it lags for a few seconds which is whats making me think it could be the computer because why would the mouse just lag around like skipping 1/4 of the screen at a time for about 3ish seconds before it catches up with it's self and then will work for a while again then do it again.... it stopped happening "i think" after resetting the computer "i didn't notice the mouse lagging for about 2 days but i'm not sure after resetting it i was to focused on resetting my pc slowly to settings i originally had it to to see if it was something things i had adjusted but undoing everything i did the problem still persist so what could be causing this?
sorry forgot
specs
990fx r2.0
amd fx 8350 be liquid cooled oc'd to 4.5GHz "stable has been since 2 years ago
rx 560 4gb dual fan oc'd edition
tplink archer t6e wifi card
60gb boot ssd
120gb steam ssd
250gb blizzard ssd
2tb storage ssd
4tb backup hdd
750w evga psu gold rated
rosewill mouse
and keyboard

rgb kit
lg blu-ray optical drive
that's all i can think of right now

Lutfij

Titan
When posting here on the forums, it's best you include proper punctuation, spaces in your sentences/paragraphs and capitalization in order for your issue to be comprehensible. As it stands, it's a wall of text.

That being said, include your specs to the system and you might want to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending for the platform as well as an chipset/USB drivers pending an update/install. What OS are you on and what version are you working with?

When posting here on the forums, it's best you include proper punctuation, spaces in your sentences/paragraphs and capitalization in order for your issue to be comprehensible. As it stands, it's a wall of text.

That being said, include your specs to the system and you might want to see if you've got any BIOS updates pending for the platform as well as an chipset/USB drivers pending an update/install. What OS are you on and what version are you working with?
Latest windows 10, has latest bios, and already went to asus.com for the sata drivers, usb drivers, and chipset drivers however when I run a check for updates on all them they say up to date

Last edited: