Random system shutdown

CrysisRain

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys so my computer keeps turning off . the ram is at full load the CPU is fine running at 52c so idk if its the power supply is bad or not enough ram or a heating issue?

Solution

Even if you don't have enough RAM it doesn't usually result in system failure in my experience, I have a few questions.

Does this happen only when you run certain programs, Or does it also happen during idle?

Do you have another power supply to test the system with?

What is the temperature of the CPU right before it fails?

Is your case clean?

I'd also like you to run MEMTEST86 to make sure that it isn't the RAM at fault

Erwin06

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
Yep tell us your system specs,but system turning off at random points is hard to say but if your RAM fails or overheats and stops it shuts the whole system off.If cpu has a problem 50% of the time you will get blue screen but if its the power supply 70% it might be a time to get a new one

Valorek

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014
I am experiencing this same issue i will monitor this post.

MOBO:Crosshair V formula Z
CPU:AMD FX-8350 oc'ed to 4.5 Ghz apogee xl waterblock installed
GPU: MSI GTX 780ti stock clocks EK full copper water block installed
RAM: AMD Gaming ram 1866 4x4 16gb total with 12-12-12-32 timings
PSU: Corsair RM1000

when mine shuts down randomly i monitored the cpu and gpu thermals and right when the cpu hit 81c it shut down...automatically telling me the cpu saved itself from meltdown. but if i have it properly water cooled and applied thermal paste correctly what could be the issue? my homebuilt pc is about 1 year old and so is the pump,reservoir, water, and tubing.

thanks

kwa-e

Admirable

Please create a different thread for this

And are you sure you have the pump running?

Valorek

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2014

i do have a thread for this already sorry bud : ( and I refuse to make another thread

and yes thats one of the first things i checked was my pump for obvious common sense reasons so ruled that one out.

What I am doing here in this thread is trying to get answers quickly as I need this pc for work so its kinda urgent

kwa-e

Admirable

Even if you don't have enough RAM it doesn't usually result in system failure in my experience, I have a few questions.

Does this happen only when you run certain programs, Or does it also happen during idle?

Do you have another power supply to test the system with?

What is the temperature of the CPU right before it fails?

Is your case clean?

I'd also like you to run MEMTEST86 to make sure that it isn't the RAM at fault

Solution