Question Random Temporary Profile(?)

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
Hi, today I decided to clean my PC for the first time and after turning it on, I was unable to open any program. Explorer and the program would have crashed every time.

So I did a force reboot. It took 40 minutes to get me on the login screen and without even typing the password a new Desktop showed up like it was a new account with a lot of missing applications. After a normal reboot I managed to get my original account again but without my custom user pic.

Is it normal?

popatim

Titan
if you get a message that you've been logged in with a temporary profile then your original profile has become corrupted. You can either restore your last backup or create a new profile by logging in with your admin account and then move in your documents, videos, etc... and lastly make new desktop shortcuts to your apps .

DRickraft

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
if you get a message that you've been logged in with a temporary profile then your original profile has become corrupted. You can either restore your last backup or create a new profile by logging in with your admin account and then move in your documents, videos, etc... and lastly make new desktop shortcuts to your apps .

Thanks for the response, as I said, I got my account after a reboot. The fact is that it didn't say anything about being logged in with a temporary profile. Can you confirm me it's not a virus or something?