Question random usb disconects

onetimeguitarist

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
This started yesterday, I tried different port on the back and the front of pc, checked for viruses, checked power managment settings, and done sfc scannow - it showed that there are some damaged files, but told to check log file (I cant paste it here).

I noticed that mouse and keyboard dont disconect while the pc is idle and I dont touch anything.

Before I had a constant problem of wifi adapter having 30% chance of disconecting when I turned off air conditioneer inserted in the same multisocket electric adapter I use for my pc. (I really hope I haven't eventually burned something in my motherboard)

I noticed that mouse and keyboard dont disconect while the pc is idle and I dont touch anything.

Hello

I believe they're working as expected, i.e. they shouldn't disconnect even if you're idle.

Did I miss something here because the title of the thread says there's an issue with the connection? If that's the case, you can try uninstalling the USB drivers from Device Manager, and let Windows 10 reinstall them upon reboot.

Please report back with the required information to allow us to help you with a better solution.

Cheers!!

onetimeguitarist

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Yes, I've tried that, and turned off power saving feature for each usb device there.

Right now, when I started my pc, the keyboard disconnected immediately, I switched it from motherboard usb port to the front usb 3.0, now it works for 10 minutes straight.

Mouse 1 sec disconnects appear during games frequently.

Also google chrome doesn't start at all, which never happened before. I use opera now.

Last edited:
Are your keyboard/ mouse bluetooth? If so check your bluetooth configuration; if you have a wired mouse and/or keyboard use them to rule out bluetooth as the cause. Try removing your Wifi Adapter (assuming it's USB attached). I have read other a account of a USB Wifi Adapter causing this issue. Also go into bios and check USB configurations and turn off any Windows power management. Any other USB hardware plugged in. Try removing USB hardware, one at a time to see if one is causing the problem.