Question Random Wi-Fi disconnecting from PC

Jun 23, 2020
PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 6-CORE
16GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 Home
Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I WiFi and Bluetooth PCIe Expansion Card
(Network Adapter: Intel® Wireless-AC 9260)

ISP: Virgin Media
Router: SuperHub 3.0
Internet Speed: 100Mbps Down/10Mbps Up

I have been getting intermittent connectivity issues over Wi-Fi, this issue has been happening for as long as I have had this new PC but it has been getting more frequent recently.

Upon checking event viewer, I can see the event
"Event 1014, DNS Client Events" and "Name resolution for the name -------- timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded."
This has happened every single time I have had a disconnection."

Fixes I can do to regain internet access (short term solution): Troubleshoot Wi-Fi with Windows => Reset "Wi-Fi" adapter => Problem stated as 'Default gateway was not available'. Or I can disconnect from the Wi-Fi access point and reconnect and it will fix the issue only for me to disconnect again later.

I have tried:
-Changing the DNS address manually (tried 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)
-Disabling IPv6
-Deleting Wi-Fi adapter driver and reinstalling fresh up to date drivers
-Reseating PCIe Wireless Expansion card into a different slot in my motherboard
-Reseating into the same slot
-Changing power management options
-Setting up separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs (disconnects happen with both)
-Changing router to broadcast only 802.11ac on 5GHz
-RESETTING WINDOWS (didn't work)
-Netsh int ip and all those command prompt commands (in admin command prompt)

None of these fixes have fixed my problem and this is getting really frustrating especially when gaming and just being disconnected from a server and getting a ban etc, making gaming (the main purpose of my PC) almost impossible.

I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions as I have resorted to posting on a forum as a last resort as I find myself to be quite adept with tech and fixing issues like these but here I have no clue what to do at all :(

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS