[SOLVED] Random Wi-Fi disconnects with Linksys WUSB6300 adapter ?

Clutch84

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014
I'm using a Linksys WUSB6300 Wireless Adapter for my desktop to connect to my home network. Recently, within the last 2 weeks, I have experienced several random disconnects.

The motherboard is an ASUS TUF Gaming X470 Plus, an EVGA G1000 PSU, my OS is Windows 10 home build 19041.572.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Solution
I have the same WUSB6300 adapter.

Try this: before your next boot up touch the adapter to determine how warm or hot it may be.

Also ensure that the adapter is fully and firmly in place with no movement in the USB port.

Then boot up and work as usual but continue to carefully touch the wireless adapter to determine if it has gotten warmer or even hot to the touch.

If the adapter is getting noticeably warmer or hot use a USB extension cable to raise the wireless adapter up and away from the back of the desktop computer.

Up into "cooler" air and perhaps even a better location for wireless transmission and reception.

Hopefully that will end or reduce the disconnects.

May or may not help with the difference being how hot has the...

Ralston18

Titan

Try this: before your next boot up touch the adapter to determine how warm or hot it may be.

Also ensure that the adapter is fully and firmly in place with no movement in the USB port.

Then boot up and work as usual but continue to carefully touch the wireless adapter to determine if it has gotten warmer or even hot to the touch.

If the adapter is getting noticeably warmer or hot use a USB extension cable to raise the wireless adapter up and away from the back of the desktop computer.

Up into "cooler" air and perhaps even a better location for wireless transmission and reception.

May or may not help with the difference being how hot has the adapter gotten with past use.

Heat is an enemy of electronics and the wireless adapter may no longer be able to properly function.

In that case you may need a new wireless adapter.

Solution

Clutch84

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2014

May or may not help with the difference being how hot has the adapter gotten with past use.

Heat is an enemy of electronics and the wireless adapter may no longer be able to properly function.

In that case you may need a new wireless adapter.
I'll take that into consideration and see what comes from your suggestions.