[SOLVED] Random Windows 10 Files on Non-OS drive, Can i remove them???

Zdos123

Honorable
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,
I'm trying to organise my 2 x HDDs which i use in tandem with a corsair mp300 and both of the HDDs have a bunch of stuff on them which i'm not really sure if i can delete, this is making the file structure in my HDDs look very messy, even though i can navigate it just fine, it's more of an aestetic thing. I had the idea just to hide the file however i wasn't sure if that would cause any issues with windows, i have a bad time with this before i reinstalled windows and i had a microsoft game installed this was still taking up 100gb of storage and the folder when delete caused my windows to completly break.
HDD 1:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gHZRgQGC20bGxZWTI1SDJScm8/view?usp=sharing
HDD 2:
Thanks,
Gabriel John Caddy

Solution
it all depend on you wheather the files are usefull for you or not.
If you fear that they are system files and might cause problem if you delete it then I don't think so. They do not seems to the system files as they are not kept like that.
I guess that are software program files(may be Visual Studio C or C++), so you can delete the files without fearing that your Windows might break. But it may cause problem to your some application. that you can reinstall to fix it.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
it all depend on you wheather the files are usefull for you or not.
If you fear that they are system files and might cause problem if you delete it then I don't think so. They do not seems to the system files as they are not kept like that.
I guess that are software program files(may be Visual Studio C or C++), so you can delete the files without fearing that your Windows might break. But it may cause problem to your some application. that you can reinstall to fix it.

Solution