randomly 2 yr PC won't boot, fans/leds all turn on, but no periphs, flashing mobo ram/cpu lights

Jun 4, 2018
I had an error message a couple days ago that my overclock settings failed or something along those lines (I did not have it overclocked) and it gave me the option to restore the last overclock settings or restore to default values. I chose default values and it booted right up and worked fine. The next day I turned it on and got the same failure to boot due to overclock settings. Again, I attempted to restore to default and it just froze up and the screen went blank and my mouse/keyboard lights all went out. I restarted the computer and now I dont ever get anything on screen, and mouse and keyboard lights remain off. I have tried pressing the clear CMOS button on the back of my mobo (MSI Z170I gaming pro ac) and it didnt effect anything. When I look at the mobo, there are 2 red lights, the RAM light will stay solid for 2 sec, then flash off so the CPU light comes on for about 1 sec, then flashes off so the ram light comes on for 2 sec, and so on, repeats this alternating flashing cycle. Please let me know what I should do from here, my searching has yielded no solutions to my specific situation.

Hillybobilly

Reputable
Oct 22, 2016
Sorry for your lack of answers, hopefully I can add some kind of help. It may be some sort of PSU issue, judging by how your power almost "circulates" around the PC. I'm not sure about that though. If you want to try something, try taking out the CMOS battery and unplugging the power cord, and holding the power button for a minute or so. Good luck.