Randomly Dropping LAN connection.

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Note: What I mean by dropping is on my taskbar there is a RED x on the icon and it goes away with my internet connectivity coming back.

Hello, I recently upgraded my router to the RT-N66U and my LAN connection keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. I installed the merlin firmware on the router. I've tested my LAN connection on another computer (My laptop) and it doesn't drop. I've tried reinstalling my LAN drivers and no luck. I also tried using another ethernet/port. This NEVER happened on my other router and I had DD-WRT firmware on my old router.

If you need any information from me please let me know and I'll gladly post it.

Also, is 56C hot for my router? My transmission power is at 75 at the moment.

Edit: My wireless does not drop on the same computer, only the LAN.

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello. My desktop's LAN connection has been getting disconnected and reconnected after a few minutes of browsing the web/streaming videos. I've tested my other laptop via ethernet cable and this issue doesn't occur. Finally I've replaced my router with my old one and the issue does not occur. My desktop works fine wirelessly without any drops. I do NOT believe this is a wire/port issue because the issue did not occur on my other router.

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Yeah I just tested and my laptop dropped connection, not as frequent though.. My old router was a 10/100 and this one is a gigabit.

I called up Asus and they want to RMA it, but that'll take a while so I'm not sure if it's worth it since I can use wireless on my desktop.

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
The issue has been fixed. It was a software issue, most likely comodo firewall.

I had Malwarebytes Pro, Avast Free, and Comodo Firewall running

This did not fix it. Solution two posts down.

Jjccl

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013

I am having the same problem ...No comodo and I do have malwarebytes but not running It is driving me crazy

Vibos

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
FIX:
Disable this on your LAN driver.
3H8BAw0.png