Randomly getting tabbed out of everything.

thetom4hawk

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hi community,

I've been having this problem for a while now, where some random program tabs me out of anything twice. Between these two tab outs there are maybe a couple second delays. I downloaded the Windows Focus Logger and discovered what keeps tabbing me out, it turns out to be 'installer_no_upload_silent'. How can I fix this? I am really annoyed by this by now, it has been happening for over a year now.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Solution
Hi, see if you have Akamai NetSession installed and uninstall it. More info: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/29018-63-installer_no_upload_silent

If not, it could be a virus or malware. Download the free version of Malwarebytes and do a scan with it. Note, it will say it's a trial. I don't recommend even using the real time security with it (which they want you to pay for), turn that off if asked, and it will remain a good free scanner past the 14 day trial.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, see if you have Akamai NetSession installed and uninstall it. More info: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/29018-63-installer_no_upload_silent

If not, it could be a virus or malware. Download the free version of Malwarebytes and do a scan with it. Note, it will say it's a trial. I don't recommend even using the real time security with it (which they want you to pay for), turn that off if asked, and it will remain a good free scanner past the 14 day trial.

Solution

thetom4hawk

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hmm, seems like I don't have Akamai. This is weird though, I never had a virus problem since I got Kaspersky. I did have Malwarebytes on my previous windows installation but I only used it once, don't even remember what for to be honest. I'll give it a try though and get back :)

thetom4hawk

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Apparently no threats detected. Buuuut, I did find Akamai NetSession Interface. Although, it was already uninstalled, it just showed up in my Control Panel for some reason. Hopefully this will solve it anyways. Heh, sorry for my blindness x) Thanks! :)