Question Randomly lose network connectivity

tonypisa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2015
With new Fujitsu ESPRIMO P756 my network adaptor works fine for a while, than just loses connectivity (get "unknown network, or identifying"...). Rebooting gets it back working (for a random while). The trouble-shooter tells me a cable is unplugged or bad. I bought a new cable and it still happens. I updated the driver to the ones on the Fujitsu website - still happens, though a bit less often. When I disable the adaptor, I can't re-enable it without the entire computer freezing (I have to go into safe mode to get it back). Have seen a lot of complaints about the "cable unplugged" error, but no real solution (for me anyhow).
Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
TOny

Generally these are cable issues but if it hang the computer when you disable it you more likely have a hardware issue with the motherboard.

The drivers for the 1gbit intell ethernet ports are pretty stable so if you have tried the driver there is not much else.

Unless you have a lot of PCIE cards already install your best option likely is to buy a PCIE ethernet card. They are fairly inexpensive.

There unfortantly could be something more wrong with the motherboard but a pcie card is going to be a lot cheaper and easier to try than replacing a motherboard.

tonypisa

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2015
Generally these are cable issues but if it hang the computer when you disable it you more likely have a hardware issue with the motherboard.

The drivers for the 1gbit intell ethernet ports are pretty stable so if you have tried the driver there is not much else.

Unless you have a lot of PCIE cards already install your best option likely is to buy a PCIE ethernet card. They are fairly inexpensive.

There unfortantly could be something more wrong with the motherboard but a pcie card is going to be a lot cheaper and easier to try than replacing a motherboard.
Yeah I was afraid of this. Actually the computer is a refurb, so it is very possibly the MB and sending it back at this point would cause me a whole world of grief!