Question Randomly Losing Display on all Monitors (Certain it's not actually the monitors that are the problem, not sure where else to put this)

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Need help figuring out what's causing this problem, or even just more troubleshooting steps I can take...
This has been happening for a few months now, I will either lose display on both of my monitors (they'll just go black and say nothing is detected or whatever) or I will lose display on 1 monitor for a second then get it back then lose it.. To get display back I have to turn my computer off then on again. Messing with the HDMI cables won't do anything.
When I lose display I also sometimes lose all sound for a moment before getting sound back but not getting display back. I can still "use" the computer, as in I have been working on stuff for classes and I lose display and I was able to save my work still before having to turn my computer off then on again to get the display back.

Things I have tried in order:
  • Reinstalled Windows
  • Reinstalled GPU Drivers
  • Reinstalled Monitor Drivers
  • Tried different HDMI and Display Port cables
  • Tried different Monitor and GPU ports
  • Tried different Monitors
  • Tried a different Power Supply
  • Tried a different GPU
  • Bought brand new HDMI cables
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU : RTX 3080 Aorus Master 10GB
RAM : G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3200Hz CL16
MOBO : X570 Aorus Elite
PSU : Corsair HX1000 1000W

BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. F30, 15/09/2020, Ver: 05.00011

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
An update:
I was suggested to check my drives health, check my GPU and CPU temps and try reinstalling windows via a USB.
Temps were completely fine.
Idle
  • CPU : 35 - 40C
  • GPU : 24C
While Gaming
  • CPU : 45 - 55C
  • GPU : 40 - 50C
Checked my drives health and they were also fine; 95-100% health.
Scanned my windows files and found some corrupt files. Fixed that but I still had issues.
Reinstalled windows via USB and still having issues.

deathshound7007

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
An update:
I checked my RAM to see if there were any problems and none were found using Windows Memory Diagnostic.
I've also changed my power cables on the off chance that my 3rd party ones were the problem.

Still having problems.