Question Randomly not connecting to internet

Mr Blue Playdoh

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
Hello guys I have a strange problem that’s been going off and on over the last few months.

ok it happens randomly and only once and a restart will fix it, if I try to do any thing on my computer that needs the internet it will either not load (web page/game) or it will be very very slow.

but here is the weird part my phone that’s connected to same network will work fine when trying to connect to the same web site, also where I am I can jump on to another internet provider and I still get the same problem so it has to be some thing going on with my actual computer.

i have no idea where to look or even fault find this issue and when I search google I don’t find the same issue as me.

Hope some one can help, many thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Which OS are you on? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Are you on the latest drivers for your networking adapter? Speaking of networking adapter, are you connected via WiFi on the desktop or thorough Ethernet?

Try uninstalling your networking drivers and reinstall them with the latest off manufacturer's support site(prior to uninstalling, in case that is the only functioning computer).

Mr Blue Playdoh

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
Hello, Im on Windows 10 Pro, im actually not sure if my BIOS is up to date will need to cheeck but MSINFO says my version is "BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 19/10/2018" my motherboard is Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA ATX LGA1151 i will have to check what version BIOS it should be on.

Im connected via Ethernet but it also does it when i change to WiFi as well.
My network connections i have 2 Intel (R) and Aquantia AQ111C and when i goto device manager it says i have latest version.

Mr Blue Playdoh

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
Ok i was soooo out of date on the BIOS so thats all been updated, I just have to wait now as this issue only happens once every few days so just a waiting game now.

I will keep this updated on any changes or if its fixed.

Mr Blue Playdoh

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
Ok just switched PC on just this second, clicked broswer the home page came up as normal then click to go on youtube and BOOM didnt load so i knew it just happened again! just had to restart pc!

so where do i look for my latest drivers for the networking adapter?
it says i have Aquantia AQC111C and INTEL (R) Ethernet connection.
Also then event viewer only shows this at around the same time -

The description for Event ID 0 from source OVRServiceLauncher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[LauncherService] Unable to launch: There is no active interactive user session.

Could this be the problem?

Mr Blue Playdoh

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
OK i tried this https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...anced-setting-on-the-chip-thru-device-manager!

"I disabled the "Recv Segment Coalescing (IPv4)" and problem fixed.

Just go to device manager, right click the "Aquantia AQtion 10Gbit Network Adapter" network device under "Network Adapters", select "Properties", and go to the "Advanced" tab. "

I did that on the 17th of June and so far i have not had this issue since! I dont even know what the above does but it worked so far.