Question Randomly started getting frame drops yesterday, and they wont stop.

iamtonyt8

Commendable
Dec 9, 2018
I booted up my computer yesterday, and played games as normal. I played Civ 6, and just act natural, then back to Civ 6, then got on Due process. After Due process I got back on Civ 6. Only this time the game wouldn't start. I messed around with ending it in task manager, and starting, until I finally got it to launch. Only it ran terribly and my frames stayed low. So I restarted my computer, but to no avail. I held the power button down until all the lights went off (for a reset) but this changed nothing either. i tried playing Iron Harvest, but no change either. So I get off and go to bed, but today its still happening. I'm not sure why this started so suddenly.

Specs:
CPU: Intel I9-10900K
MOBO: MEG Z490 ACE
GPU: Nvidia GTX 3090
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 DDR4 3600 MHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3600 MHz (I believe. My grandpa sent it to me, and I have 48gb)
PSU: Corsair RMX 850 Watt

Lutfij

Titan
The ram shows per your specs as 32GB, how do you have 48GB? As for your build, how are you cooling the processor on that system? Might want to see what your BISO version is for the motherboard. By any chance what the PSU reused from an older build? have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest version from Nvidia's support site? You're advised to install any and/or drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Have you tried reinstalling the games? Speaking of games, mind sharing where you sourced the games from?

iamtonyt8

Commendable
Dec 9, 2018
The ram shows per your specs as 32GB, how do you have 48GB? As for your build, how are you cooling the processor on that system? Might want to see what your BISO version is for the motherboard. By any chance what the PSU reused from an older build? have you tried using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest version from Nvidia's support site? You're advised to install any and/or drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Have you tried reinstalling the games? Speaking of games, mind sharing where you sourced the games from?
For the ram, I have 2. 8gb sticks, and 2, 16gb sticks.
AIO: corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO RGB, 360mm. 3 X 120mm
I'm pretty sure the Bios is good.
PSU is new
I forgot to mention that I updated my drivers after having the issue for an hour or two.
The games are on Steam. Civ 6 is from Humble Bundle, and Iron Harvest I backed during their kickstarter, and was given a key.
I haven't tried reinstalling, but It's happening with a new game I just installed. The new game is first class trouble, bought on steam. I did play Mass Effect Legendary Edition with no issues.