[SOLVED] Ransomware aftermath. Pls help

Jyesta

Commendable
May 11, 2017
Sorry for the click baity title there.

Anyway, long story short my computer is infected by one of those thing. And I only realize the effect the next morning, the hard drive is unreadable by the system.

I really hope "reinstalling windows" Would be my absolute last resort. So I seek guidance in front of IT Gods, and hope for the best

What I have done so far :
  1. Isolating my computer from the Lan, the Net.
  2. Checking any other possible hardware problem like ports and cable and everything works just fine.
  3. Opening the infected drive in other (3) computers but the bios also can't detect it.
  4. Looking for any solution online but since ransomwares have so many iterations which have various kind of aftermath, I can't find a specific "keyword" To look for my problem.
  5. I've been using "boot usb drive" (Idk what you guys call it but I assume you get the idea) to perform various action like disk checking, startup repair, checking via cmd but nothing happened
  6. I end up here.
In case the hardware matter, the infected drive is Seagate momentus 5400, 500gb. It's from old laptop, which then repurposed for a desktop pc

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS