Question Ransomware

May 25, 2019
Hi

My laptop is Lenovo thinkpad L420 windows 7. I got ransomware in my laptop. I tried to remove it but i couldnt so as last resort I decided to reinstall the OS. I dont have the windows CD but i have the ISO file in a pendrive and I dont have Rufus or any other software. I booted into the advanced boot menu but I dont have the "repair your computer" option. I dont know what to do now please help!

USAFRet

Titan
My other laptop is my dads office laptop so I cant make a bootable flash drive with any softwares like Rufus. Is there any other possible way to do this without any software? Besides I dont have the repair your computer option anyway
You don't need "repair". You need a full wipe and reinstall.
You do this with a bootable flash drive. Either Rufus or via the MediaCreation tool.

Stay away from your dad's computer, because you will be murdered if you get ransomware on that.
Even being on the same network puts your fathers computer and any other computer on your network at risk.
There are 2 ways of curing Ransomware
  1. Pay the Ransom - they are actually pretty honest if you pay, because that is how they get repeat business
  2. format and start again

There is NO other way to get windows on a USB without using a program like Rufus - impossible - ask a friend to help