News Raspberry Pi Adds 100,000 Units to Supply Chain, Back to Pre-pandemic Levels in 2023

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Good news but it's also been great news for competitors because the vacuum created by the lack of Pis has people looking for viable alternatives. To both @eye4bear's point and to @mediagiant's point, they should have released a Pi 5 by now. I've had a few projects waiting for viable SBCs that match the performance/price of the 4 - The other point to consider is a lot of their competition has really awful/barely their OS support.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I've had a few projects waiting for viable SBCs that match the performance/price of the 4 - The other point to consider is a lot of their competition has really awful/barely their OS support.
You might have a look at Hard Kernel's ODROID devices. I have the N2+ and it runs cool & fast. No problems with the official Ubuntu image, other than lack of 3D acceleration. In the user forms, people have posted ISOs with working 3D and video acceleration. Or...

As for OS support on SBCs, check out the Armbian distro. I can't speak from experience, but I'm planning on trying it on my next SBC.

Reactions: sundragon