[SOLVED] Raspberry Pi and a HDMI display

Jan 28, 2019
I have a Raspberry Pi and a HDMI display on the same device that both need to have a power supply. I would like to wire them both to one switch to power up at the same time. Can I do this, or does the display need to power up first and be booted before the Raspberry Pi powers up?

Solution
Why not just test it? RPi needs couple of seconds before really starting up and needing a display, so you might be OK with your setup. But I doubt your HDMI display can work with only 5VDC, so you'll end up having different power soueces anyway,
Jan 28, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from balakrishna.da216 : "Raspberry Pi and a HDMI display"

I have a Raspberry Pi and a HDMI display on the same device that both need to have a power supply. The Raspberry Pi seems to ask for 5 Volts, the HDMI display is asking for 2 Volts, and my battery is 3.2 Volts. What is the best solution to this? Is there a voltage converter that will have a dual voltage output, or will one of these 2 devices be flexible
on the voltage?

Why not just test it? RPi needs couple of seconds before really starting up and needing a display, so you might be OK with your setup. But I doubt your HDMI display can work with only 5VDC, so you'll end up having different power soueces anyway,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS