News Raspberry Pi Bonded Router Boosts Speed for Rural Networks

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
I don't know about US prices but, in the UK, 4 simultaneous internet connections is going to add up to a fat monthly charge, that is just not going to be worth it.

anscarlett

Honorable
Jul 18, 2018
I've been running a speedify system for over a year now, using two 4g sim cards. One in a usb dongle, and the second in my phone.

The nice thing about speedify is that as soon as my phone's hotspot comes in range of the pi, it automatically connects to my phone and bonds the connections together, increasing my bandwidth, and when I leave the house, my network still has internet with the usb dongle.

I just wish they'd make the vpn optional, had loads of issues with prime video and netflix

kb_

Prominent
May 25, 2021
This is pretty useful for France! Mobile plans tend to have huge data caps for an ok price (I have 50 GB for 8€ but only use about 9 GB) and many are still stuck with slow DSL.

jpe1701

Honorable
This is a pretty cool project. If I could get cell service here I'd try it. The fastest internet we can get is 4Mbps dsl. Our internet is horrible in my corner of new England.

dparsons

Prominent
Jun 26, 2021
I’d really like to see someone recreate this setup connected to an iPhone 12 with a 5G hotspot.

TRENDING THREADS