Raspberry pi display board not working

mimomumy

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
I recently bought a 7" touchscreen(AT070TN90) for my raspberry pi. After 1 week of use, I accidentally bent the screen's connection to the driver board. Now, when I plug in the driver board to a power outlet, the green led turns on and then becomes red for a quarter second, then green again, then red again. Meanwhile there is nothing on screen. I have also noticed that the chip on the driver board becomes very hot, almost burning my fingers.Is there any way that I can solve this problem without buying a new driver board?

Solution
The "heat" or "hot" probably indicates an electrical short. Current flowing where it should not be flowing and heat results.

Inspect the physical connections: pins, wires, everything that you can. Look for two things (pins, wires) that are touching/connecting.

Separate the connection if you can do so: e.g., straighten out the connection,

Ralston18

Titan
The "heat" or "hot" probably indicates an electrical short. Current flowing where it should not be flowing and heat results.

Inspect the physical connections: pins, wires, everything that you can. Look for two things (pins, wires) that are touching/connecting.

Separate the connection if you can do so: e.g., straighten out the connection,

Solution