Review Raspberry Pi Pico W Review: Built-in Wi-Fi Comes to Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2022
Excuse me but how micro USB instead of USB-C can be considered as a disadvantage for a microcontroller? Seriously?

Findecanor

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
I have a bad feeling about this ...

From a security perspective, connecting a device to the Internet and not making sure in software that it gets regular security updates is generally considered a baaad idea.

Better to put the Internet capability on a Raspberry PI W or bigger, and use local communication to the microcontroller.

Bluetooth and Zigbee would have been better choices than Wifi and possibly-bluetooth-some-time-in-the-future-maybe.

Excuse me but how micro USB instead of USB-C can be considered as a disadvantage for a microcontroller? Seriously?
Only because most of the world is going towards USB-C only.

Micro-USB B used to have a reputation for breaking, but that was because the original implementation was only SMD-mounted. The connector in the Pico has a through-hole mounted shield for durability like USB-C.
Now that lots of people have used USB-C daily, there are many accounts of that breaking too, and USB-C has more, smaller pins, so what is the more durable, is up to question.

Status
Not open for further replies.