News Raspberry Pi Plays Wedding Video Slowly Over Year in Picture Frame

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
Had he used a battery-powered Pi Zero, this would have been mildly interesting, but a Pi 3? Even excluding the need for wall juice, there's just something so incredibly banal about using a 1.4ghz quad-core processor for tasks as trivial as updating fixed images on a photo frame.

Oct 18, 2020
Hey cool, my project is on Tom's! It's mounted on a wall now, with no visible cords. Why do you think a Pi0 where I have to change out the battery daily would be better? I literally never have to think about this thing again. Overkill? Maybe, but how is it any different than using a Pi to display the weather? Or a Spotify playlist, or anything else? I guess I could have it mine crypto while it's not refreshing, if that makes you feel better... 🤣 I mean, my watch has a faster processer, and more RAM. And I probably see this picture more during the day then I look at my watch... 🤷‍♂️

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
Overkill? Maybe, but how is it any different than using a Pi to display the weather? ...
I didn't mean to attack you personally, but the fact remains that you're using about 0.2% of your processing power, about equivalent to using a superjumbo cargo jet to deliver a pizza. So I'm going to challenge you to come up with some additional use for that wasted power. Perhaps control a whole bank of photo frames, or put a facial-recognition camera on it, to advance a frame manually every time a specific person views it? Or something else entirely...anything to make some use of all that potential.