News Raspberry Pi Scans Cats for Caught Prey

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Would you prefer to wake up and find a dead mouse on your pillow?
Well... if it's a choice between leaving my cat outside and potentially facing a dead animal on my pillow, I'll take the latter :). Too soft-hearted. Besides, the only problem with that really is risk of disease. Also, you can just train your cat not to bring dead animals to your bed. I'm aware that I'm in the minority here :).

I would really have enjoyed this back when my cat tried to "train" me - it would bring in LIVE animals (birds, mice etc.) so that I'd learn how to catch them, and... I did learn (not that I cared much about it, but my wife and my mom were much more enthusiastic for me to learn).
Catching live mice is difficult, especially when you're 1m85 (6'1" ) tall and weight 90kg (200lbs) and they can scurry underneath all your furniture...

Reactions: Shadowclash10

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
I would really have enjoyed this back when my cat tried to "train" me - it would bring in LIVE animals (birds, mice etc.) so that I'd learn how to catch them, and... I did learn (not that I cared much about it, but my wife and my mom were much more enthusiastic for me to learn).
Catching live mice is difficult, especially when you're 1m85 (6'1" ) tall and weight 90kg (200lbs) and they can scurry underneath all your furniture...
Oftentimes they don't even try to teach you - they just give up on you once they see how poor of a hunter you are, and resign themselves to the fact that they'll have to catch food for you for the rest of your life 😂

Oftentimes they don't even try to teach you - they just give up on you once they see how poor of a hunter you are, and resign themselves to the fact that they'll have to catch food for you for the rest of your life 😂
I did catch them all - but it also saw me release them to the wild. Quite a few mice went airborne through the window right over its head.