News Raspberry Pi Stops Package Thieves with AI and Flour

Jul 13, 2021
What if the person who originally delivered the parcel, later after leaving it, realises he has left the wrong parcel, so goes to take it away, or to change it for a potentially different sized package,? They would get covered in flour & water etc.!
This would probably get your address blacklisted for deliveries, and possibly you being arrested and made to pay damages etc.

You need to be ultra careful when using automated security features that punish or damage anyone/anything.

Reactions: Krotow

Btv

Jul 29, 2021
If there are 3 packets and thief steals one or two will alarm go off?

Also user can leave the cardboard box and system won't think he is a thief

Aug 1, 2021
In Soviet Russia, there more package thieves than package! Don't ask how it's possible, the statistics sometimes get manipulated 🤷🏼 the solution is to have package dispensers on every street corner. The package is delivered to the machine and then you enter a code to get your package. You can also get them delivered to some groceries. The added benefit is that it's much more efficient than delivering packages to each door, so you will get most deliveries in 2 days.
Another solution: ask them to deliver it to the post office.

Aug 1, 2021
In Soviet Russia, there more package thieves than package! Don't ask how it's possible, the statistics sometimes get manipulated 🤷🏼 the solution is to have package dispensers on every street corner. The package is delivered to the machine and then you enter a code to get your package. You can also get them delivered to some groceries. The added benefit is that it's much more efficient than delivering packages to each door, so you will get most deliveries in 2 days.
Another solution: ask them to deliver it to the post office.

Why did you mention Russia? I've been living here for more than 40 years, got hundreds of packages and maybe just 2 or 3 of them were lost.
Also, as I know it's more common to stole the package content than the package itself. So, the Russia's story is more about the post office employees than the street thieves.

Aug 1, 2021
Why did you mention Russia? I've been living here for more than 40 years, got hundreds of packages and maybe just 2 or 3 of them were lost.
Also, as I know it's more common to stole the package content than the package itself. So, the Russia's story is more about the post office employees than the street thieves.

Really? Do they put the package in front of your door like in the video? No one would agree to this in Poland, it's like asking for it to get stolen.
Mostly I was just playing with the meme 'in Soviet Russia...' 🤷🏼

USAFRet

Titan
Really? Do they put the package in front of your door like in the video? No one would agree to this in Poland, it's like asking for it to get stolen.
Mostly I was just playing with the meme 'in Soviet Russia...' 🤷🏼
Thats how it is in many places.
Like where I live.

In 20 years of deliveries like that, thousands of items, I've had between 0 and 1 package 'stolen'.
I say 0 to 1 because we're not sure if that "one" was stolen or just delivered to the wrong address.