News Raspberry Pi Travel Router Takes Wi-Fi on the Go

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Adguard is open source? seems like a paid product...
There's no reason you can't offer a paid product while also making the source code available. The value proposition for the paid version could be things like providing binaries, auto updates, support, hosting, etc.

E.g. Canonical is a for-profit company. Their most well known product is Ubuntu, which is open source.

Last edited:

pixelpusher220

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
There's no reason you can't offer a paid product while also making the source code available. The value proposition for the paid version could be things like providing binaries, auto updates, support, hosting, etc.

E.g. Canonical is a for-profit company. Their most well known product is Ubuntu, which is open source.
Same for RedHat. But they don't sell their software, they sell support services for it to my knowledge. That's not what this seems to be.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Same for RedHat. But they don't sell their software, they sell support services for it to my knowledge. That's not what this seems to be.
Sure, in the case of adguard I guess you could argue they're selling hosting services, not the software.

They make the source code available, and you can self-host if you want (as I do).