Question Raspberry Pi4B Locking Up When VNC is Enabled

Jun 7, 2020
I hope someone has a solution to my apparent problem. It seems strange, here goes:

THE MAIN GOAL IS TO GET RPi4B OPERATING ON VNC
1. This machine is using latest version of Raspberry Pi OS (32 bit) and it has 2MB RAM. I am using Rii i4 mini Bluetooth Keyboard and touchpad
connected to USB 2.0 via a dongle supplied by Rii.
  1. initially did not finish booting GUI. No icons at top of screen and mouse cursor is not moving.
  2. Remove micro SD card, reformat and download OS again.
  3. Restart. Configure from GUI. Changed PW, set up wLAN and other startup settings. All looks good so far. Finished the software update DL,
then reboot. It did not come back from reboot.
  1. Cycling power on RPi4B. Booted now!!!!
  2. Using CLI to enable SSH and VNC. The last time I enabled VNC it seemed to lock up the whole system. Will watch very closely to see what
happens. Will start with SSH. using "sudo raspi-config". Looks like SSH enable was OK, but as soon as I enable VNC the system locks up.
Window says VNC server is enabled, but I no longer have input control from the keyboard or touchpad.
7. Should try with a standard keyboard & mouse wired to USB 2.0 connectors. Unfortunately I don't have any.

I have another RPi4B with 4MB RAM. It is loaded with an older version of Rasbian. I have had no problems configuring it to run VNC. I've been using VNC on it for a few months.

Any ideas??????

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS