Review Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Review: Fast and Furry-ous

drinking12many

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
I have always enjoyed the light-hearted gameplay of Rachet and Clank. I love the crazy weapons. I even named a cat I had Ratchet and a ferret Clank...lol. I look forward to playing this one too.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Ratchet and Clank games are so good! Dr. Nefarious is always entertaining. Is Lawrence still around? I wonder how the PS5 handles the Bouncer weapon...assuming it's back. That gun used to destroy FPS on the PS2. Looks like the latest game is another solid entry. Hopefully this isn't the only entry we see Rivet.

I'm disappointed the game isn't coming to PS4 or PC soon though. The PS5 is so rare and hard to get that I only know one person who has one. I know more people who have 30-series GPUs by comparison. I'd happily buy the latest R&C iteration if it were released on a platform I own. PS5 is unobtanium. Maybe this game will be playable in 2023 or 2024 when the chip shortage ends.

Last edited:
The first year of a hugely anticipated console is always going to suffer from shortages.

PS2? Shortages
PS3? Shortages
PS4? Shortages

Just for fun:
The Xbox 360? Shortages
The Wii? Shortages

Despite that, as far as I know, every generation has had a larger production capacity (The PS5 is considered to be the fastest selling console in history in the first half year or so of launch). So why is it a surprise to anyone that there's a shortage?

Of course you could ask why don't companies just anticipate there being a crap ton of demand? Well:
  1. Production capacity of a single chip maker
  2. Clashes with the Just-in-Time manufacturing methods that were all the rage in the last decade
  3. Historical data shows otherwise
If anything I'm just seeing a ton of FOMO going around.

drinking12many

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Ratchet and Clank games are so good! Dr. Nefarious is always entertaining. Is Lawrence still around? I wonder how the PS5 handles the Bouncer weapon...assuming it's back. That gun used to destroy FPS on the PS2. Looks like the latest game is another solid entry. Hopefully this isn't the only entry we see Rivet.

I'm disappointed the game isn't coming to PS4 or PC soon though. The PS5 is so rare and hard to get that I only know one person who has one. I know more people who have 30-series GPUs by comparison. I'd happily buy the latest R&C iteration if it were released on a platform I own. PS5 is unobtanium. Maybe this game will be playable in 2023 or 2024 when the chip shortage ends.

Its possible to get one, it took me a solid month of really trying to get one before I was able to snag a combo through Gamestop. I am still having an issue with 4K disks and my TV not cooperating (supposedly Vizio is working on it) but Spiderman Miles Morales has been fun, and I have only played Avengers a bit. So far all my PS4 games I have tried have worked flawlessly and of course load soooo much faster.