[SOLVED] Rate build and advise on RGB compatibility

clkd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi everyone,
I'm planning a new build consisting of the following:
(https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/dMR4Mv)
CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic PCMR Edition
PSU: Corsair RM750i
MBO: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
CPU COOLER: iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 360mm
GFX: TBD on Nov 18th
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600 4x8GB
SSD1: Patriot Viper SSD NVMe PCIe4.0 x4 M.2 1TB
SSD2: Mushkin Helix NVMe 1TB
CASE FANS: Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB
ADDED BLING: Lian Li Strimer Plus 24 & 8 pin

You are welcome to give suggestions or comments on the configuration itself but I am just wondering if the Lian Li strimer plus RGB will be controllable within icue software if connected to the RGB port on the Asus motherboard since the motherboard is compatible with icue. I will also get the icue controller bundled with the AIO cooler but it has 6 ports which will be taken up by the 3 radiator and 3 case fans. I am reading a lot about it but sill a bit confused as in does aura sync allow icue to control things that are plugged into it or just the motherboard rgb.
I'm really looking forward to your input and building this PC as a present to myself for xmas :D

Last edited:
Solution
The RGB through iCUE will work. Corsairs software can sync with Aura but only RGB on the 4 pin RGB 12V header.

But iCUE cannot control any RGB connected to the 3 pin aRGB 5v header.

Lutfij

Titan
Since you haven't given us a budget and a usage scenario for the system you've listed out above, to the general eye it looks fine. If you were to get into details as to what sort of app's and games and tasks you're going to tax the system with, perhaps we could fine tune it, ofc that will also happen if you stated a budget.

clkd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2015
Since you haven't given us a budget and a usage scenario for the system you've listed out above, to the general eye it looks fine. If you were to get into details as to what sort of app's and games and tasks you're going to tax the system with, perhaps we could fine tune it, ofc that will also happen if you stated a budget.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't get into details about the build itself because the question was more about the software/hardware compatibility of icue an Lianli strimer plus. My bad for not asking the question clear enough
To elaborate on the build itself - it will mostly be used for 1440p gaming, (occasional 4k on tv) graphics and video editing. Also, I am looking to have a nice rgb effect that is controllable from a single app, hence the use of icue and icue compatible devices. The budget was around 2000€ but I think in the end it will be closer to 3000€, depending on price and availability of GTX and RX cards in the next month.