[SOLVED] rate my 5900x build

Solution
Your fans will not sync, way overpriced memory (again not going to sync) slow 5400 hard drive, probably overkill on the cooler.

The cooler comes with 3 RGB fans and will have to be mounted up front, the case comes with 3 fans (filling the remaining slots) but your still buying 3 more.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Your fans will not sync, way overpriced memory (again not going to sync) slow 5400 hard drive, probably overkill on the cooler.

The cooler comes with 3 RGB fans and will have to be mounted up front, the case comes with 3 fans (filling the remaining slots) but your still buying 3 more.

Solution

SpyroBot

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019

What do you mean by "memory not going to sync"? And yeah thanks about the fans I'll reconsider that.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
What do you mean by "memory not going to sync"? And yeah thanks about the fans I'll reconsider that.
Your not going to be able to sync all the colors on the fans and memory.
You also never said what the PC will be used for I guess gaming a 12 core 24 thread processor is a bit of overkill.

If your using work programs then fine but still a slow 5400RPM drive.

EDIT no matter what board you buy you will probably need a BIOS update to run a 5XXX processor and to me spending 300 bucks on a board is wasted money. The processors are going to be about maxed out with little room for overclocking making a 360mm rad not really needed.

I would talk about the 1K watt power supply but since some have had problems with the peak pull from the 3080 in the 420 watt area for a few MS I will leave that part alone since I have no experience with the new cards.

Last edited: