[SOLVED] Rate My PC

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys. I'd like an oppinion, is this pc good?

Ryzen 5 3600X
RTX 2070 Super
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
WaterCooler Gamerstorm Deepcool 120mm
HD Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB
SSD Kingston A400 480GB
G.Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz (2×8) 16GB
Cooler Master MWE 750W 80 Plus Gold

Solution
Well, I'm not going to change the cpu, the ram and the power supply but, I'm considering changing the cooler but I'd like to know if you have any suggestion
You're asking for suggestions, but your mind's already made up?
1)I agree with @Isokolon , and sure many others would as well - there's no performance difference between Ryzen 3600 and the X version - and no, it doesn't overclock any better, since these cpus are already maxed out from the box.
You may as well be paying $50 for a damn letter.

2)That money you will potentially waste on a letter could instead go towards slightly faster ram, and a better cooler, like a CM 212 Black or a be quiet! Shadow Rock/Pure Rock.
120mm AIOs are simply not cost effective solutions...

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
  • no point in a 3600X over a 3600. they perform virtually the same
  • 120mm watercoolers are a waste of money
  • 750W PSU is overkill for this build
  • reinvest in slightly faster RAM
Well, I'm not going to change the cpu, the ram and the power supply but, I'm considering changing the cooler but I'd like to know if you have any suggestion

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)I agree with @Isokolon , and sure many others would as well - there's no performance difference between Ryzen 3600 and the X version - and no, it doesn't overclock any better, since these cpus are already maxed out from the box.

2)That money you will potentially waste on a letter could instead go towards slightly faster ram, and a better cooler, like a CM 212 Black or a be quiet! Shadow Rock/Pure Rock.
120mm AIOs are simply not cost effective solutions.

3)750w makes sense if you were going to SLI 2070 Supers, that's how overkill your psu choice is. A good 550-600w will be fine.

Solution

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019

3)750w makes sense if you were going to SLI 2070 Supers, that's how overkill your psu choice is. A good 550-600w will be fine.
I'll change the power supply to a Master Cooler MWE 650W

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019

I really don't want to change the cpu and yes I'll pay 50 dollar for a damn letter ahshahshhahs
Just joking, I think a higher base clock is better for me since I'm going to use this pc for gaming

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Really...
Cpu temps are going to be more important as these chips boost in a similar fashion to Nvidia's Gpu Boost.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYiz0iUvp9w
I already watched this video ahshahshahs
Man I really don't mind paying 50 extra bucks dude. I understand that I'm going to be an idiot paying 50 extra bucks for 2% improvement but I don't want to change the cpu.
I really appreciate your attention by the way

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
I agree with most of what Isokolon says above.

As for the CPU cooler, do you have plans on doing some overclocking? Assuming you do, a 120mm cooler isn't enough. You'll want at least a 240mm. If you don't plan to overclock, you don't need an aftermarket cooler at all.
I don't have plans at the moment for oveclocking. I choose a water cooler because I live in Brazil and here is too hot