Question Ratling/Gargling noise - MasterLiquid ML-120L RGB

Nov 2, 2019
Dear friends,

I've recendly bought a water cooling system, specifically MasterLiquid ML-120L RGB from Cooler Master. Now, here is my problem: i get a ratling/gargling noise when my "pump speed" is set between 900-1800 RPM. Once I change this option (from BIOS), and set it to maximum fan speed (2200 RPM), the noise goes away. I know that, "fan speed" when you're having water cooling, is how fast the liquid is going through your system, so from what I'm figuring out, having low speed makes this noise, while having maximum speed, eliminates it.

Also, I know that this might be air trapped inside my watercooling system, but after 2-3 days of 8 hours per day of using this system, shouldn't "fix" the air problem? Is there a logical explanation of, why the speed of the liquid inside the system, is affecting the "air" problem and eliminates the noise, while low speed keeps giving me the ratling noise?

Please, if theres anyone out there who had or still has the same issue, contact me in order to solve this frustrating problem.

Yours faithfully,

Alexander

Dear friends,

I've recendly bought a water cooling system, specifically MasterLiquid ML-120L RGB from Cooler Master. Now, here is my problem: i get a ratling/gargling noise when my "pump speed" is set between 900-1800 RPM. Once I change this option (from BIOS), and set it to maximum fan speed (2200 RPM), the noise goes away. I know that, "fan speed" when you're having water cooling, is how fast the liquid is going through your system, so from what I'm figuring out, having low speed makes this noise, while having maximum speed, eliminates it.

Also, I know that this might be air trapped inside my watercooling system, but after 2-3 days of 8 hours per day of using this system, shouldn't "fix" the air problem? Is there a logical explanation of, why the speed of the liquid inside the system, is affecting the "air" problem and eliminates the noise, while low speed keeps giving me the ratling noise?

Please, if theres anyone out there who had or still has the same issue, contact me in order to solve this frustrating problem.

Yours faithfully,

Alexander
Those pumps are supposed to run full speed all the time, with low speed they just don't have full flow and speed. Fans you can regulate as needed.

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Dear friends,

Yours faithfully,

Alexander
How did you mount the radiator? If the tubes are facing down, then the water is maybe struggling to push the air outside. If you tubes are facing upwards, everything should be fine

Nov 2, 2019
How did you mount the radiator? If the tubes are facing down, then the water is maybe struggling to push the air outside. If you tubes are facing upwards, everything should be fine
Thank you for answer. My tubes are facing downwards and my radiator is at the back of my case, neither at the top, nor in the front.

TRENDING THREADS