Question Rattling noise coming from AIO cooler

Aug 16, 2020
Hello,

I've recently purchased a mid-high end PC, and it has a Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240. Since starting it up, the pump (I believe) has been making a strange rattling noise, which I've recorded here View: https://imgur.com/a/gnoPVKn

Any ideas on what this may be? I should mention this is on a MSI X570-A Pro motherboard and a Ryzen 9 3900X CPU. Everything has been running smoothly for nearly a week, and temperatures seem normal while idle and under light use (30C - 50C).

Thanks in advance!

You say you THINK it is the pump !!!! Do not get hold of the pump in case you get a shock .... touch the pump casing with the back of a finger .... with that amount of noise you should feel some vibration.

If it turns out the pump is ok do you have a side fan as i recognise that noise.
If you have a side fan i think the blades are catching the dust gauze , if this is the problem their is an easy fix.
simply turn one of the 4 mounting screws about a quarter turn to see if this stops the gauze rubbing on the blades.

IMPORTANT .... if i am wrong on all counts then take your pc back asap because depending on where you got it and how long you have had it the shop will insist on sending it away for repair instead of giving you a replacement part or new machine.

Aug 16, 2020
You say you THINK it is the pump !!!! Do not get hold of the pump in case you get a shock .... touch the pump casing with the back of a finger .... with that amount of noise you should feel some vibration.

If it turns out the pump is ok do you have a side fan as i recognise that noise.
If you have a side fan i think the blades are catching the dust gauze , if this is the problem their is an easy fix.
simply turn one of the 4 mounting screws about a quarter turn to see if this stops the gauze rubbing on the blades.

IMPORTANT .... if i am wrong on all counts then take your pc back asap because depending on where you got it and how long you have had it the shop will insist on sending it away for repair instead of giving you a replacement part or new machine.

THanks for the reply MJ. I actually have a total of 6 fans... 3 intake in the front, 2 exhaust up top and 1 exhaust in the back, no side fans to mess with unfortunately. It's a Fractal Meshify C case.

Any other suggestions?