Question Rattling PSU?

Apr 16, 2019
So, at times my pc makes a daring rattling noise. I suspect this is due to the PSU and it vibrates quite a bit, so I'm suspecting it's just a bad fan.

Thing is, it is silent at times. Just rebooting over and over again doesn't give me a silent session; but turning off power completely and waiting a bit does once I boot again.
If I knock the table too hard, then sometimes the rattling starts again. Seems very much like a fan with just a bad bearing?

I've already ordered a new PSU just to be on the safe side, I'm just dying to know what the problem is. Specifically why turning off power completely seems to fix it for a while instead of just rebooting (stopping/starting the fan completely)

Apr 16, 2019
Corsair CX600. CX line known to not exactly be the best quality (to say the least), afaik.
It was mostly meant to just sit in my secondary rig (but making noise now), but I already have a new one ordered.
Here's to hoping it doesn't fry the pc within this week :rolleyes:

Kenton82

Reputable
This is correct unfortunately. Chuck it, not worth wondering about. Couldn't you stop using the PC for this week until you have the new one? It could be perfectly fine still, but is it worth the risk? - Only you can answer that.