Question Rattling & Siren Noise Coming from the PSU

LorisDF

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
Last night I was playing a game when suddenly my pc started making a loud siren-like noise. I promptly turned the power off and turned the pc back on to see where the noise came from and this time around it made a rattling noise rather than a siren-like one but I found out that it was the PSU. I built this PC just under a year ago and all components were brand new. I dusted it and it was still making the rattling noise but then it stopped. I have no clue what issue is causing this, all I know is that it's related to the PSU's fan because the noise is in sync with the fan. Can anyone tell me if this is something that will require me to replace it? Also I forgot to mention it's been quite hot lately as it's summer so maybe it's overheating?

LorisDF

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
So... You need to disable "siren mode" in the BIOS.

Seriously, what kind of PSU?

And can you post a video of the noise? I'm pretty sure "siren" might not be the right word to describe it.
the psu is an evga supernova g3 550watt 80+ gold, I wanted to make a video to record the noise as it was kinda to describe but it stopped making it for some reason. I'll try to get an audio/video recording in asap.