[SOLVED] Raw image files not creating their on folders (month) when imported.

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
So this has been going on for about a year now. Windows used to be really good about separating the RAW images by month neatly creating their own folders. But now it just dumps them all in my pictures folder with no care at all. I suspect it may have been related to an update or something. Is there any way to change import options?

Solution
The dates are right since it automatically label them after the fact. It might be because I switched to RAW and Windows 10 reads it as CR2 (I think). Out of curiosity which program do you use to import.
I shoot RAW+jpg from my Fuji, and video and pics from my drone and dashcams.

Manual import only.
Connect the Fuji via USB, File Explorer identifies it as X-T1...click click find the files on the SD card.
A few top level folders. RAW - JPG - dashcam1 - dashcam2 - dronecam
Make a folder of todays date, copy the relevant files into that folder.

RAW files get processed through an Adobe Lightroom catalog. The files still stay in that original folder.
Other things just stay in their specific folder tree.

Only take a couple of secs...

USAFRet

Titan
The dates are right since it automatically label them after the fact. It might be because I switched to RAW and Windows 10 reads it as CR2 (I think). Out of curiosity which program do you use to import.
I shoot RAW+jpg from my Fuji, and video and pics from my drone and dashcams.

Manual import only.
Connect the Fuji via USB, File Explorer identifies it as X-T1...click click find the files on the SD card.
A few top level folders. RAW - JPG - dashcam1 - dashcam2 - dronecam
Make a folder of todays date, copy the relevant files into that folder.

RAW files get processed through an Adobe Lightroom catalog. The files still stay in that original folder.
Other things just stay in their specific folder tree.

Only take a couple of secs to make a new folder of "2021-02-25", and then copy the relevant files in.

I personally don't like applications automatically importing and organizing things. Just have them in a folder I created.

Solution