Question raw usb

Dayummm

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
Yesterday my usb worked just fine, today for whatever reason I cant access it(dont know the cause at all) , I remember that i updated windows before I went to sleep but thats not probably the cause
It says it needs to be formatted, when I wanted chkdsk it, it said chdksk not available for raw drives

what i tried:
connect it to another computer
recover files using testdisk but it didnt do anything as if it wasnt broken or didnt have any files to recover idk

I really regret not having backup but i didnt expect usb to break randomly

Jul 15, 2021
Yesterday my usb worked just fine, today for whatever reason I cant access it(dont know the cause at all) , I remember that i updated windows before I went to sleep but thats not probably the cause
It says it needs to be formatted, when I wanted chkdsk it, it said chdksk not available for raw drives

what i tried:
connect it to another computer
recover files using testdisk but it didnt do anything as if it wasnt broken or didnt have any files to recover idk

I really regret not having backup but i didnt expect usb to break randomly

I had a students this heppened to yesterday. I tried Chkdsk, where I got the message not available for RAW files, I tried file recovery programmes, and they can see it but if I wanted to save them to another location I had to shell out $69. I ended up doing a quick fomat and used recuva (free version) to find the deleted files on the USB and recover them that way. of the 29 files, I successfully recovered 27, including pdf's photos word document s and powerpoints. Basically all the kids schoolwork for the year. The only downside was it wasn't in folders for each subject and were labelled file 1, file 2 etc. Better than nothing.