[SOLVED] RAZΞR electra V2 (not USB) mic problem

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So as of posting this thread, I bought an electra V2 yesterday, and I unpacked it today. I had around 45 mins to test it on pc before going back to school, and I immediately ran into a problem. The included mic is not working. I’m using ASUS’s realtek audio config, and when I plug in the splitter, both the audio-out and mic-in are recognized in there. (I’m not using synapse because it’s not booting up). However, when going to Discord, the mic is is not recognized. It got recognized once, but when I tested it in the discord settings, all I got back was static. I’m not suspecting faulty drivers, since the headset is analog (3.5 mm headphonejack, that is analog right?). Is this a problem with my computer?

Solution
Model for your Asus motherboard? You will also need to check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is at this moment and if you have any BIOS updates pending.

You might want to connect off the rear ports and see if the issue persists. Also which version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10), that is?

Lutfij

Titan
Model for your Asus motherboard? You will also need to check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is at this moment and if you have any BIOS updates pending.

You might want to connect off the rear ports and see if the issue persists. Also which version of Windows 10 are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10), that is?

Solution

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

Windows 10 Pro N (not activated). Motherboard is ASUS PRIME Z270-P. I’m not sure which BIOS version I’m on, how can I update it in case if it is outdated?