Razer Announces 2nd-Gen Blade: More Power, Lower Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

el33t

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Still too costly.... MSI MSI GT70 (GTX 680M 4GB with optimus, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 17" Full HD, 128GB SSD etc.) is only 2299$ from XoticPC... I'd prefer that monster over this over-priced skunk....

It's nice I will give them that, but that is way to much money; it should at least come with a 128gb SSD too. For 1600-1800$ I would start considering it. They should just remove the LCD display, I can't imagine that being useful; especially when your hand would cover it to press the buttons above the screen.

Anyone who buys this thing is throwing their money away.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
you are NOT paying for the components...

you are paying for the FORM...

notice this laptop less than 1" tall while having GTX660M graphics and 17" screen and probably mid range i7 processor...

to all those people say you're wasting money, remember people buy Apple laptops....

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you are NOT paying for the components...you are paying for the FORM...notice this laptop less than 1" tall while having GTX660M graphics and 17" screen and probably mid range i7 processor...to all those people say you're wasting money, remember people buy Apple laptops....[/citation]
You can get a Vizio (new laptop company) with an i7 2.3 ghz, 8gb ram, gt 640m, ssd boot drive, tb hdd, and it is well under an inch for 1100 dollars. This tells me that maybe smaller form factor pcs don't need to be expensive.

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]yobobjm[/nom]You can get a Vizio (new laptop company) with an i7 2.3 ghz, 8gb ram, gt 640m, ssd boot drive, tb hdd, and it is well under an inch for 1100 dollars. This tells me that maybe smaller form factor pcs don't need to be expensive.[/citation]

You make a good point. However, I would just like to note that the big difference is the graphics card and that would make or break it if the buyer is actually interested in playing games. Otherwise - just buy a small ultrabook for your non-gaming needs if you still want an mba but not a mba.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
The price is high, yes, but not completely unreasonable considering the stuff in it. You are paying a fairly high premium for that special UI on the side, and for the thin form factor. Of course if you don't care about either of these you can get a laptop with the same general specs for less than half the price. But they are unique to the industry in these two regards, and have no one to compete with over it. And, as someone else noted earlier, it's not that far off price wise from what you would have to pay for a 17" MacBook, minus the interface. Anyone who has the money would probably find it a reasonable price for a unique item. But I do agree with most here, it's too much money right now to spend on a laptop.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Ugly design, crappy build. Yep, that's Razer.[/citation]

Personally, I like the design. It looks like a Macbook Pro, but better.

[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you are NOT paying for the components...you are paying for the FORM...notice this laptop less than 1" tall while having GTX660M graphics and 17" screen and probably mid range i7 processor...to all those people say you're wasting money, remember people buy Apple laptops....[/citation]
That's why I like this computer - it's a gaming-oriented laptop, but without the bulkiness. Isn't that the main drawback of gaming laptops?

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
[citation][nom]fudoka711[/nom]You make a good point. However, I would just like to note that the big difference is the graphics card and that would make or break it if the buyer is actually interested in playing games. Otherwise - just buy a small ultrabook for your non-gaming needs if you still want an mba but not a mba.[/citation]

I thought about this before posting my comment, but I would bet it uses the same or a similar processor, and I doubt a 660 mxm is over 1000 dollars more than a 640 mxm. Although there is their switchblade display, regardless of what other people think it's worth, they seem to think it's pretty cool.

G

are you guys all idiots?

the reason why this device is so expensive is because it is a actual gaming laptop.... you can play a game on it for 5 hours just on battery... NO other laptop can do that. and that is what you are paying for.

it truly is the first gaming-laptop.... not a workstation in the form of a laptop that need to be pluged in within 30minutes of use. i cant believe there is so many idiots in the comment section....

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
All the people saying razor is being like apple well.... id lol if apple sues razor for making a macbook clone.

The first blade i saw reviewed had HORRIBLE specs. i mean it has some cool colors n all and a really thin look but theres ultrabooks in the same catagory with the same specs for 700+ check newegg urself and on another note newegg is overpriced in the laptop market so thats saying something. They do sell components dirt cheap tho. ima frequent shopper.

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]wasnt there an i7 crossfire/sli desktop replacement class laptop here not to long ago for just around 2 grand?[/citation]

the x7200 from clevo uses desktop cpus can have up 2 two mxm vid cards. the p270wm can use the newer i7s but is limited to the 675, dual. both generations of the Alienware m18x and the clevo p3ccc use a i7qm but the i7 qm actuall yis on par with a amd desktop cpu anjd at a lesser power draw . both can usee almost all current cards, theyre all around the 2g mark some are actually less.

Status
Not open for further replies.