Razer Announces Dual-sided Vespula Mousepad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]masterasia[/nom]A lot cooler looking than the eXactMat which cost about the same price.[/citation]

I was thinking the opposite, the eXactMat looks better IMO. I was about to buy one, actually, but now that this is here I will buy the one that gets the best review of the two.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]thegreathuntingdolphin[/nom]I think I would rather pay $35 than €35.....[/citation]

Hah, poor europeans

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Abrahm[/nom]I've had a dual-sided Rocketfish mouse pad for quite a while now and I like it a lot.[/citation]
Me too, had it about 3 years and it's great. Razor is a bit late to the game on this one.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
$35 is pretty expensive for a mousepad but I don't think they are completely ripping you off for all that they are giving you. Razer = XFX in terms of quality as seen in the products and packaging.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
ha! this mouse pad has nothing on the MacPadd. just wait until toms gets theirs in the mail......oh wait.

Seriously though, I would think you would need to clean the pad off every time you switch sides... I live in a dorm and my desk does not stay clean all of the time. I love the concept though.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009

What ever happened in the end of Tuan's MacPadd story? Did did it all resolve?

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]razer looks cool, but i wonder whether their driver support for Win7 for this mousepad is up to date...[/citation]
Funny, this guy.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]fanscale[/nom]I've got one that's a thin sheet, sticky on the bottom side. It's got a photo of a kitten on it.My desk is small so I don't want anything large and clunky.[/citation]
Same here, I use a 6"x9" cloth mousepad that's just plain gray on the top. It is already sufficient enough for me.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
i've never seen the point of dual-sided mousepads, since i would only ever use the smooth side. I mean, who really WANTS friction in a mouse pad? Especially one focused more towards gaming.

I'd rather it just have the smooth side with LEDs on the other side that light up a thin acrylic edge around the mousepad... oh wait, that's what i have now and it only cost $20 when i got it 4 years ago. flexiglow ftw, it's outlasted a lot of my friends gaming mousepads. Either it must be better quality or they had really dirty palms.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]purplerat[/nom]Me too, had it about 3 years and it's great. Razor is a bit late to the game on this one.[/citation]
Razer had the dual-sided eXactmat before this new Vespula...so they have been in the game for 3 years now as that is how long I've had mine ;-)

G

Wow! Mouse users make me laugh. Precision, speed, just flip the mouse pad. LOL. I use a trackball, Logitech Mouseman marble for everything and at all times it is fast and precise with no flipping. Primarily a FPS gamer, and my 20 dollar trackball has, over the years, led me to victory over far more costly equipment. My competitors think I'm lying when I tell what input I use. I started with mice like the rest of you, but was introduced to a trackball in Drafting, and have never gone back. Mousing is very inefficient, lost of wasted movements, wasted movement equates to lost time, I can do with one fingertip what it takes half a hand to do on a mouse.

Viva Trackballs! We don't need no stinking mousepad, Vamanos!

Status
Not open for further replies.