Razer Announces 'Levelled Up' Naga Mouse for MMO Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave Fusion

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I've found there are many different MMO playing styles.
Some people use WASD to move, others may use arrow keys; while some offload both movement and bindings to the mouse. Sometimes people can use ctrl + number combos, (or shift + number).

I've even seen some people who click on the little attack icons.

As a notebook gamer, the touchpad is never far from the keyboard, so its easier to use that sometimes than take my right hand completely off the board to use the external mouse.

I think your mileage with these kinds of mice vary from person to person. I'd certainly like an easy way to use buffs when I die, for example.. but $80 doesn't really appeal to many players.

Most computers with right-side number pads have an abundance of keys. I don't personally gain enough to warrant the investment; but IF I had one, its undoubtedly a good mouse.

I have this mouse. Great mouse so far. I like the ability to change between wireless and wired mode.

Actually this one looks like the regular corded one, however it still should be great.

I re-mapped my #1 and #4 buttons for forward/back operations which is very nice, as it doesn't have "dedicated" back and forward buttons.

ibaou1003

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Excellent
hh.gif

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
It's about time they made something other than blue..
Not hating, I love Razer, I personally own a DeathAdder and Lycosa myself, but I just don't understand why nearly all their products are blue, seeing as how they're represented by green and black.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@Wave

I'm somewhat astonished by how badly some gamers are "doing it wrong" when it comes to their controls... certainly you're right that there are some players who may use a trackpad, or manually click the spell icons, or... use their toes, or face, or other ridiculous ineffective control methods.... but, for people that are serious about their gaming peripherals, and want a good, effective, way to control champions in an MMO or MOBA, the Naga is a pretty darn good mouse.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
I picked up an M90 from corsair, the buttons were much more difficult to setup and do not change easily with different games, over all I regret not buying the razer..

h1tman

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
i have two of these (one for my desktop at home, one for my work laptop). I seriously cannot see using another mouse. It is comfortable for long periods of time, and it has plenty of buttons. I do not play WoW anymore, but i used the ctrl and shift keys for a total of 3 full action bars bound for pvp. If you play an mmo, there really isn't another mouse worth buying.

For non-mmo players, the buttons are great for the macros you can put together in the software. Think about all the things you do each day that are repetitive, and realize how much more efficient things can be done just by clicking a button with your thumb.

The only thing i dislike about mine is the braided cable, it seems to kink up pretty easy.

draphius

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
i bought the razer naga epic and it has all the features this mouse and can be wireless aswell. i absolutely hate this mouse. if u have a slightly larger then normal hand then your thumb is way in front of the side buttons and u can really only use 1-3 the others just get mashed since your thumbtip wont be able to bend that far. also the zero acoustic pads on the bottom are just stickers that wear out very fast, 6 months for me. they now make a horrible scraping noise. also the adhesive used on the pads will seep out around the edges collecting dust and lint. one of the pads is right around the optical sensor so if u have a pet u will get a hair stuck in there that stops the mouse from tracking until u pull out a toothpick and scrap it clean. this will then act back up weekly. also the scroll wheel is not very sturdy and mine now rocks back and forth and i fear it will be breaking very soon. considering my last mouse was one of the first optical mouses on the market and lasted me a good 15 years (and still works thankfully) i cannot reccomend this product to anyone due to its lack of quality

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
this mouse line is awesome, granted i dont use it for gaming at all, i use it almost exclusively as an internet shortcut hotkeys, and believe the money is well worth it.

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
i got the molten edition of this mouse( old model) and it is awesome, the best 80 bucks i ever spent, it really feels like a different mouse, and people do notice it when they sit on my pc, it moves so smooth and with 12 buttons on your right thumb and shift control and alt in your left hand that grants you access to 48 actions without moving too much, its hard to remember so many bindings but it is really comfortable once that you get use to it, trust me you will hate a regular mouse...

bentonsl_2010

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
"The buttons over the top of the gaming mouse have been repositioned for much easier actuation."

LOLWUT?

Those new button suck and is the reason I haven't bought the wireless mouse yet. There is no way it can be better to have to take your hand off the mouse to use the top two buttons. Its just fail and should be reworked.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I almost bought this mouse but ive had so many razer mice in the past and every single one that had a laser sensor had skipping problems. Never was an issue with my original copperhead, G500 or fatal1ty mouse.

ptr95

Honorable
May 9, 2012
It's all good fun until this thing develops that 2 clicks in 1 problem conveniently just a week after the warranty expires. Imho, they should make their mice at least resistant to problems like these which are common to the cheaper mice out there.

darkgauntlett

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Chainzsaw[/nom]I have this mouse. Great mouse so far. I like the ability to change between wireless and wired mode.Actually this one looks like the regular corded one, however it still should be great.I re-mapped my #1 and #4 buttons for forward/back operations which is very nice, as it doesn't have "dedicated" back and forward buttons.[/citation]

the two buttons next to left click default to forward/back. not that it's a good place for them...

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I bought a naga epic for my work.
I work with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator mostly. So it's great for shortcuts Like cpoy/cut/paste, rotate left/right, align left/center/right, save/save as, etc ...
I also use a Logitech G13 keypad and it's 3 layout possibilities for each of the programs.
So that's a total of 29 X 3 (G13) + 15 = 102 shortcuts. It really speeds up my work a lot ! But even with 102 shortcuts, I had to make choices, and it takes a bit of time to get used to it of course.

So my work place really looks like a gamers basement. ^^

Oh and btw, excellent mouse !

nabiljem

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
At least for wow you do not need 12 actions buttons, I bought this version of the naga and I found it too confusing and incomfortable to use, it is now laying arround collecting dust.
The old G9 or the new logitech MX is half the price and has almost all you need.
I simply bind the two main action buttons as follows
Button 1 = target next enemeny,
Button 2 = move/stop
mouse wheel up = action button 1
mouse wheel down = action button 2
mouse wheel tilt left = action button 3
mouse wheel tilt right = action button 4
and there you go, with the right macros in your action buttons you can do wonders.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]nabiljem[/nom]At least for wow you do not need 12 actions buttons, I bought this version of the naga and I found it too confusing and incomfortable to use, it is now laying arround collecting dust. The old G9 or the new logitech MX is half the price and has almost all you need.I simply bind the two main action buttons as follows Button 1 = target next enemeny, Button 2 = move/stop mouse wheel up = action button 1mouse wheel down = action button 2mouse wheel tilt left = action button 3mouse wheel tilt right = action button 4and there you go, with the right macros in your action buttons you can do wonders.[/citation]

On the G9 (it was also my previous mouse, very good too) you can also customize the 2 buttons just over the left click button (the ones that control the DPI). Those were my save and save as buttons.

I couln't go back to the G9 now but I can understand that many buttons isnt every ones thing.

nabiljem

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
[citation][nom]jankeke[/nom]On the G9 (it was also my previous mouse, very good too) you can also customize the 2 buttons just over the left click button (the ones that control the DPI). Those were my save and save as buttons.I couln't go back to the G9 now but I can understand that many buttons isnt every ones thing.[/citation]

Actually I have two G9, the problem is that I got the usb cable borken and I could not find a way to exchange the cables.
I use a laptop for gaming and I did find the naga wireless connector not that practicle : it is a long cable with the wireless dongle at the end...
I finally switched to a logitech performance MX, this mouse is amazing, it deffinetly exceeded my expectaions, I was also impressed by the hidden action button which lays under your thumb when your thumb is resting. basicly the entire section under the thumb is a button that you can press... I use that for my instantanous pyro blasts in wow. or as an action bar switcher...
What I do not like much about the logitech MX is the quality of the usb cable provided, I think they could have made the cable integrate in a better way to the mouse design, for this they can see how razor did this with naga: with the usb cable plugged you can not tell that this is a a wireless mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.