Razer Announces Mamba, Mamba TE Gaming Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm occasionally inadvertently zooming in/out in high-action sequences in shooters. It will be great to be able to adjust the sensitivity of that right mouse button so it will only trigger when I mean it to, but I: 1) Don't trust wireless when playing multi-player. 2) Won't pay $150 for a mouse (It's not that I can't; I refuse to since I can find a million better ways to spend $150 on my rig). Maybe they don't plan on making that many?

If they put the mouse sensitivity settings into the tournament edition, I'd spend $80 on a mouse with that capability. I even think $90 is too much for any mouse. But I guess some people out there spend $$$$s on pens?

Looks like the adjustable click is only in the "regular" model. Seems counter intuitive since a "tournament" edition seems aimed at pro or semi-pro players that would really want that feature.

I'm confused why they moved the two buttons from the front-left to the center. Those aren't nearly as accessible. And why is it so difficult for mice now to get better battery life? My MX Revolution was good for nearly a week on one charge when I first got it all those years ago. Even now I can still get a few days out of it.

Geoffrey Swenson

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Is the mouse actually programmable? I bought a high end very expensive Razer mouse to replace an excellent, worn out, and unfortunately discontinued Logitech mouse.

The Logitech programmable keys could do almost anything you wanted to do. But the Razor only could do keystrokes, couldn't do things like change volume or toggle the mute. And the driver was really difficult to install. I'm very technically competent, I'm not saying this because I'm stupid.

I don't know if it can do ALL of that, but Razer's software ( Synapse ) is pretty robust in what actions can be programmed to each key/button. It's even nicer if you own two Razer products since they can interact with each other through Synapse.

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I bought my Mamba almost 5 years ago and that same mouse is still rocking to this day, I never had any problems with it, and 5 years of intense gaming in a regular basis without any problems talks a lot imo. Heck, the only reason I would buy this new model is for the aesthetics since I really don't have the need for a new mouse, and I don't think I will for at least a couple of years more. In those days it was like $120 bucks what I paid for it, but if you ask me it was worth every penny.

Definitely a good testament to the quality of the Razer mouse. When you put it this way, the cost makes a little more sense. But $150??? There's definitely a lot more competition in the mouse world than there was five years ago.

I agree. I don't have a problem spending money on a good mouse, but $150 is still pretty steep. I've been using the same two MX Revolutions ( one for home, one for the office, ) since 2007. Even eight years old, I get more battery life out of them than most new mice today. They're comfortable, programmable, and respond very well for my uses. They don't have the insanely high dpi sensors that modern mice have, but I've never felt that hold me back. I was a little worried spending $100 on them back then, but they've been very worth it. I think I could go up to $120 on a mouse, but I'd want a LOT out of a $150 mouse.

LaRock0wns

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
I really wish they would add free scrolling mouse wheel to their products. Free scrolling mouse makes a huge difference outside of gaming, like web surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.