Review Razer Basilisk V2 Gaming Mouse Review: A Better DeathAdder

Giroro

Splendid
My experience using Razer as my primary mouse is that their Synapse software is a massive Con.
Its buggy bloated spyware that requires a login and makes you look at a splash screen whenever you boot the computer.
I just want a small utility that makes the lights and sensitivity work, not some massive Geforce-Now looking brand engagement platform that eats way more RAM than I thought possible.

Jul 1, 2020
I'm not a fan of razer synapse. And I feel like I've been burned by their past mice. Like the wobbly razer orrochi, insensitive left click naga v2, and now the insensitive middle click hex v2. But to their credit, the latter 2 started performed poorly well after the warranty.

Anyways, this mouse hits all these points and now I must buy it:
  • sub 100grams
  • adjustable scroll wheel (arguably as good or better than infinite scroll wheel)
  • right hand bias

Otherwise my choice would have been the g pro wireless. If Logitech implemented adjustable or infinite scroll wheel on the g pro wireless, I'd buy that in a heartbeat instead.

Oct 14, 2020
Bit of a necro, but as I just got one of these from Prime Day, I can’t help wonder what all the complaints about Synapse are. If this has onboard profiles, doesn’t this mean you can just set up your profiles once on Synapse, and then never have to use it again, let alone leave it on in the background?

Mar 19, 2021
My experience using Razer as my primary mouse is that their Synapse software is a massive Con.
Its buggy bloated spyware that requires a login and makes you look at a splash screen whenever you boot the computer.
I just want a small utility that makes the lights and sensitivity work, not some massive Geforce-Now looking brand engagement platform that eats way more RAM than I thought possible.
I have been using their software for my headset, and well it isn't buggy in my opinion. It has worked perfectly fine, except for one or two crashes.