Review Razer Basilisk V3 Review: Above and Beyond

ConfusedCounsel

Prominent
Jun 10, 2021
My daughter loves her previous version of the Basilisk, and is super excited about this version. When I asked if we should add to her Christmas list, she replied "not until they release it in Mercury."

@Scharon Harding, thanks for the great review.

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I use the Basilisk V2, myself. Very nice--not enough change in the V3 to interest me. I care nothing for RGB. V2 has notchless scrolling--which I did not like at all--but fortunately you can adjust the scroll to the notch feedback you want. I even got it on sale on Amazon Day for $39--very decent all around.

Aggrophobic

Commendable
Oct 6, 2020
The movement is incredible no matter what surface you put this on. What I want to know is who the insane people are that would use this at 26k dpi. I switch between 1600, 2400 and 3200. At 3200 it flies across two 2k screen in an instant. I can see why you'd want more if you were using dual 4k screens - but 26k - that's nuts.

digital_ecologist

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Hi, how robust is the onboard memory for storing user-defined macros? Recently picked up the G502 and love it. However, I've encountered a moderately annoying issue, where the onboard profiles will only store the macros that are predefined in Ghub.

If you set up a user-defined macro on the basilisk V3, in synapse, e.g. typing =t. with a single button click, can you store that to an onboard profile, and then take it to another computer without synapse?