Question Razer Blackwidow Elite vs Razer Huntsman Elite

Heater6785

Commendable
Oct 30, 2019
Hello there,
I am thinking about upgrading my keyboard with Razer Blackwidow Elite or Razer Huntsman Elite with green or purple optical switches for typing. I know that there are newer Blackwidow keyboards but V3 has only 1 media button and V3 Pro is too expensive and I can get relatively cheap BWE and HE. Green switches are a bit heavier compared to the purple (50g vs 45g) and have a longer travelling distance. How is the tactile feedback on both switches, is it sharper on the green switches and which would be better for extended typing? The switches are the most important so USB passthrough/keycaps do not matter as long as I choose the right switches. I know they are pretty loud and that's what I am looking for so please do not speak about yellow or orange switches. Now I am using Redragon K580 Vata (Outemu blue switches) there should be a difference, I suppose? Outemu blues' feedback seems quite dull and light for me and I really do not know is this how clicky switches work or Outemu are just made like that.
P.S. Are the buttons lit better on the Huntsman Elite compared to the Blackwidow Elite? I already apologise for the long post and I really hope you could share your opinion or even better if you have or tested these keyboards. Best wishes!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to avoid anything with Razer's branding. They tend to fail spectacularly and in retrospect you are paying a premium for the badge when there are others for cheaper. Can you state what you're looking for in your keyboard purchase? I've invested my mind into building my keyboard the way I want it and have been gathering supplies/switches for said build. Recently I managed to get the Tangerine switches and am waiting for the right keyboard platform to drop switches in.

One thing, do you really need a full sized keyboard? I've already migrated to a TKL(Corsair K65 Compact) and I wish I did this sooner...now I'll be looking into a 60% layout. I also got a hold of Ducky's Radiant series keyboards. Yes I'm a linear and tactile kind of guy, don't like clicky switches.

Heater6785

Commendable
Oct 30, 2019
Cause I am making a Razer setup and I kinda like their chroma but here is what I look for:
  1. Full size;
  2. Clicky switches;
  3. Dedicated media keys;
  4. US layout (small enter);
  5. RGB so I will stay away from the new retro trend (Leopold and the other with coloured keycaps without RGB);
  6. I do not like white keyboards;
  7. Maybe I like more the aesthetics of exposed switches.
The deals I have found are Blackwidow Elite from €80 to €130 ca and Huntsman Elite for €130 which is far from full price.