Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma L-Shift and L-CTRL stopped working

TheMagicalTurnip

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Firstly, We can rule out the possibility of the keyboard reaching the end of it's lifespan, as I purchased it new from the Razer store itself. Secondly, my computer specs are as follows;

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240)

AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics (4 CPUs) ~3.9GHz

8192MB RAM

And thirdly, about three hours ago they were working perfectly, though i did have trouble with shift+tab (steam), and yes, i do use this for gaming. I checked for debris and cleaned it, even took the keys of and put them back again, also went into synapse and even that didn't recognize my key presses.

It is under warranty but I would prefer a fix I could do myself and not have to go without a keyboard for a while.

Any Ideas?

P.S Yes, sticky keys and all of those options are OFF.

Solution
Check for any firmware/driver updates updates for the keyboard? I updated my blackwidow ultimate classic at some point.
I would reboot OS into safe mode to see if it works fine there.

xapoc

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
Check for any firmware/driver updates updates for the keyboard? I updated my blackwidow ultimate classic at some point.
I would reboot OS into safe mode to see if it works fine there.

Solution

TheMagicalTurnip

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

Checked and updated the drivers, even uninstalled and reinstalled them from device manager. Tried booting in save mode, they don't work there either.

TheMagicalTurnip

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

I tested it on my old membrane keyboard, and they both work perfectly. Im pretty sure it's a problem with the keyboard then.

TheMagicalTurnip

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015

Tried that, I even turned on the reactive leds to key presses and they didn't light up, pretty sure it's the keyboard. Thanks for the help!