Review Razer BlackWidow V3 Tenkeyless Review: Decent Keyboard, Limited Customization

Great timing! I just got mine in the mail yesterday! It seems to be a nice little keyboard. Feels very well made, and looks great too. Just what I wanted. I am very happy with it.

IMG-2375.jpg

I do agree with you about the printing on the prt sc, scr lk, pause, ins, home, pg up, and the pg dn keys being distorted, but certainly not a deal breaker. I may end up getting some different keycaps anyway. But I do like how well these keycaps light up. Lighting looks nice on mine. And you're certainly right about this keyboard (with green switches) being loud. I guess the metal backplate has something to do with that. I do like how the green switches feel, and do enjoy typing with them, though. For those wanting a quieter keyboard, I do not see an option to buy this keyboard with Razer Yellow switches. Everywhere I see this keyboard being sold here in the US, at least as of now, they all have green switches. Maybe orange and yellow versions are coming out soon.

You say there is no per-key RGB customization, but that is incorrect. You can customize each key. I did so on mine. Not sure what all else you can do with the software, haven't had time to play with it much. Plus, this is my first Razer keyboard.

IMG-2427.jpg

IMG-2429.jpg

Custom-key-RGB.jpg

Also, I asked the question about whether the serpent logo was backlit or not, and was told it was. However, I can't see how to do it, if so. I'm guessing I was given incorrect information. https://insider.razer.com/index.php?threads/razer-blackwidow-v3-tenkeyless-illuminated-logo.64846/

I do wish the keyboard had onboard storage to save my profiles, instead of being software dependent, but I knew this before buying it, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

Some have reported an issue with the keyboard double registering keys. Mine did also. There is a firmware update that fixes the issue. I updated my firmware and it's working perfectly now! For those interested, here's the link to the latest firmware update. http://drivers.razersupport.com//in...wnload&downloaditemid=3966&nav=0,77,1043,1048

Again, I really like this keyboard, and would definitely recommend it. 👍And for those of you wanting to save a little extra cash, consider buying a used one from Amazon. That's exactly what I did, and the thing looks brand new! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the one I bought. The box had minor damage, but that was it. Mine even came wrapped in plastic. Looked and smelled new! I wouldn't normally buy a used keyboard, but considering I have until January 31, 2021 to return it, I decided to give it a try. If it would've looked nasty, it would've went back.