Razer BlackWidow X Chroma, Quick Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKB

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Woah, you can get the blackwidow x with cherry mx blue switches or razer "clicky" switches. Is razer giving up on their switches ?

I don't think so, it looks like they are playing mind games with the public. If you get a Widow x with the MX switches it will actually cost you $10 less, giving the perception that Razer switches are "Better" since they cost more.

MrKB

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Woah, you can get the blackwidow x with cherry mx blue switches or razer "clicky" switches. Is razer giving up on their switches ?

I don't think so, it looks like they are playing mind games with the public. If you get a Widow x with the MX switches it will actually cost you $10 less, giving the perception that Razer switches are "Better" since they cost more.

Minerelf

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
I would get one of these if they had them with Razer Orange or MX Red/Silent switches, unless they do that probably gonna get a different keyboard.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I would get one of these if they had them with Razer Orange or MX Red/Silent switches, unless they do that probably gonna get a different keyboard.

Get the regular Chroma Stealth.. This design is a regression in quality anyways. They should have started with this design on 1.0 and improved to the Regular Chroma later.. The lighting bleeds, no passthrough, no macro keys, and smaller font. It's all regression.

bweber2k

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't see where they have done away with the mandatory keyboard interpretation software required for programing key output and also had to have an internet connection to work. I like that they moved to the Corsair type deck. But, last year Gskill introduced their idea of a mechanical keyboard. Corsair top deck and onboard memory that can hold three keyboard profiles. Every normal key can be manually programed to multiple keystrokes or the optional software may be used. I have a joke profile that makes my computer difficult to use when I am away.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

I am told (by Razer) that there will be Orange-switch variants, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.