[SOLVED] Razer blade 13 won't come on after battery replacement

rastheberry

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Got a new battery for my razer blade 13 as it was old and wouldn't hold a charge for more than a few hours. I replaced the battery and the laptop turned on, so I plugged it in to calibrate. It won't charge above 94% and now shuts off when disconnected from ac. I got a second battery as I thought the first one was defective and it did the same thing. If I plug in the old battery, it works fine and has no issues running without being plugged into ac. Could this be two defective batteries? The model number (RC30-0916) is the same and the website ordered from (ifixit) claims to work with the razer blade 13.

This.

Also, might be a charging problem, not a battery problem. Using the battery that "works", try running it down to nothing and see if it will recharge once it's depleted. Could be those replacement batteries you got are both lacking a charge and so then would of course not ever work until they were charged. Otherwise, it pretty much has to be two bad batteries or a power board issue. Seeing if the existing battery will recharge or not ought to answer that question.