Razer Blade 14 (2016) Gaming Laptop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I went through a couple of these earlier this year. The VRM module must have been bad on the ones I had, as they were making a humming noise while charging.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
The ram is soldered to the board and not upgradeable, there are no slots on the underside of the PCB. Also, the hot air is vented out along the hinge like a Macbook, the bottom slots are strictly intakes. Due to this design and it being a gaming laptop and not a much cooler Macbook, the top edge of the laptop and keyboard get scorching hot while gaming - I mean like over 50c hot. Hopefully the 2016 runs a little better but that was the case with my 2015 Blade.

rahul999rap

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Pity we dont have this in india. and ofcourse not even in amazon india. such a pity.
even if we had in here we indians hv to pay almost double the price of laptop to buy here due to VAT, taxes etc

inmyrav

Reputable
May 8, 2015
You must be using settings inappropriate to a 14" screen in gta v. I get those framerates in the native resolution on my 4k Blade. But I don't use AA or any advanced settings, everything else besides shadows and water is on very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.